- BFA, cum laude, Illustration, Maryland Institute College of Art, Baltimore, MD, May 2005
HONORS & AWARDS
- Individual Artist Award, Highest Honors, Works on Paper, Maryland State Arts Council, 2010
- Semi-Finalist (as member of TwoCan Collective), Janet & Walter Sondheim Artscape Prize, 2009
- Curated exhibit, All That Remains, recognized in “Top Ten 2007: The Year in Art,” Baltimore City Paper, 2007
- Volunteer Recognition Award, Neighborhood Design Center, 2006
- Community Fellowship Finalist, Open Society Institute, 2006
- Illustration Department Recognition Award, Maryland Institute College of Art, 2004
EXHIBITIONS IN BALTIMORE
- Radix, Whole Gallery at the H & H Warehouse, 2009
- Off the Wall, Whole Gallery at the H & H Warehouse, 2009
- Laundry Masala, Whole Gallery at the H & H Warehouse, 2008
- All That Remains, Whole Gallery at the H & H Warehouse, 2007
- Papeles por mis Ojos, Shine Collective, 2009
- Refuse Refuse, Load of Fun Galerie and faćade of Joe2, 2007
- Salvage, The Brewer’s Art, 2006
- Rummage, Idle Hour, 2006
- Axis Alley, alleys behind North Calvert Street, 2009
- Hunter Gatherer, Galleries at CCBC Catonsville, 2009
- Sondheim Sem-Finalist Exhibition, Decker Gallery at MICA, 2009
- Transmoden Festival, Whole Gallery at the H & H Warehouse, 2009
- Travel Exhibit: Where Have You Been?, Towson Arts Collective, 2008
- What is Green? Wind-up Space, 2008
- Midway, Charles Street Bridge at Artscape, 2008
- Found Objects: New Beginnings, Baltimore Public Works Museum, 2008
- Anonymous Rage, Sub-basement Artist Studios, 2007
- The Dilapidated Reanimated Expo, Current Gallery at Artscape, 2006
- Avalanche, Greenmount Cemetery Gallery at the Copycat Warehouse, 2005
- The Building Alteration Project, Mildred Monroe School exterior, 2004
- Agricultura Urbana, Sembradores Urbanos, Mexico City, 2009 - Magic Monarch, Amazing Port Street, Baltimore, 2009
- Spill Game, 24th & Barclay Sts, Community Lots at Civic Works, Baltimore, 2009
- Friendlytown, Baltimore Yoga Village, 2009
- Gone Buggy, Hampstead Hill Academy, Creative Alliance, Baltimore, 2008
- Painted Flower Path, Holbrook & Lanvale Sts, Community Lots at Civic Works, Baltimore, 2008
- Nature in the Round, Herring Run Park, Baltimore Mural Program, 2008
- Tom Miller murals restoration, North Ave & Harford Rd, Baltimore Mural Program, 2008
- You See Music, North Ave Market, Baltimore, 2008
- Collaged Culture, Eastern Health Center, Transforming Baltimore’s Public Health Clinics project, Baltimore City Health Department, 2006-2007
- Searching for New and Better Worlds, Lockerman Bundy Elementary, Rebuilding thru Art Project, Baltimore, 2007
- For My People, Midtown Edmondson Community Center, Rebuilding thru Art Project, Baltimore, 2006
- Vision of a City Kid, Greenmount West community, Neighborhood Design Center, Baltimore, 2005
- Creative Alliance, designed and implemented an after-school mural arts course for middle-school students, and summer classes that combine literature and art making for kids in the Open Minds Art Club, Baltimore, MD, 2008-2009
- Mi Espacio Program, designed and conducted after-school art activities for Latino teenagers to introduce them to culturally relevant art materials and techniques including mask-making and mural painting, Baltimore, MD, 2008-2009
- Whole Gallery at the H & H Warehouse, Baltimore, MD. Roles include curating exhibits, publicity, and event facilitation. 2006-2009.
- Mexico City, researched murals and cultural traditions associated with El Día de los Muertos, 2008, studied Spanish language and Mexican violin music including Mariachi and Huapango, 2009-2010
- India, toured with TwoCan Collective and created a series of collaborative collages that were compiled into self-published book, Bananas, 2007-2008
- Krakow, Poland & Vienna, Austria, researched art, architecture, and faćade design, particularly the work of Hundertwasser, 2006
- Smith, Tim. “Bringing Art to Vacant Spaces: Blighted spaces are transformed into outdoor art galleries.” Baltimore Sun. 18 October 2009.
- Lowe, Greg. “Emily C-D: Create Globally, Inspire Locally.” Locus Magazine Issue Six, Fall 2009: pages 32-41.
- McCabe, Bret. “Well Hung: Group show shirks the traditional gallery wall for works that sit on the floor and descend from the ceiling.” Baltimore City Paper. 13 May 2009.
- Kiehl, Steven. “Boarded-up houses make way for roses.” Baltimore Sun. 12 July 2008.
- “Laundry Masala: A Conversation with Emily C-D and Jessie Unterhalter.” The Signal. WYPR. 11 April 2008.
- McCabe, Bret and Jason Hughes. “Top Ten 2007: The Year in Art.” Baltimore City Paper. 12 December 2007.
- McCabe, Bret. “Multi Reuse: Recycled materials lone organizing force in this group show.” Baltimore City Paper. 17 October 2007.
- “Refuse Refuse: A Conversation with Emily C-D.” The Signal. WYPR. 14 September 2007.
- McLeod, Deborah. “Tag Party: Little scratches grow up in this vibrant street art show.” Baltimore City Paper. 15 August 2007.
- Hill, Tim. “Saving Space: Artists re-imagine Baltimores boarded up, abandoned, and otherwise neglected properties.” Baltimore City Paper. 19 July 2006.